Businesses often debate the need of having an ERP in place, especially if it is small or mid-segment. There are cheaper applications and software available that help take care of things. Promoters of such companies often argue that precious money be saved by spending on cheaper software.
This argument brings one to the million dollar question. Is there an ERP Software for Small Business? One which is cheap, addresses the concerns that a small business has, is easy to install and use and can last a certain amount of time before the business begins to make money and is in a position to invest in something bigger.
Though many have been identified as potentially being good to serve as a robust ERP Software for Small Business, singling one out might reek of bias that again will give birth to a heated argument. To put it bluntly, given below are some benefits of enterprise resource planning services that cannot be turned a blind eye to;
1. ERP is scalable. This means you can add new functionalities to your system whenever you feel like.
You are in a stronger position to generate better reports. With an ERP in place, reports can be generated through an automated template system. This allows other departments to view them as well though small companies do not have multiple departments.
2. Maintaining records through an ERP is easier than manual record keeping. Besides, an ERP system also improves data quality. This helps take better business decisions.
3. Operating Costs are lower thanks to an ERP. Managing resources becomes easy. Also, delays are averted.
4. You get to have better relations with your customers. ERP accounts for better processes, which helps maintain better customers.
5. Thanks to enterprise resource planning services, businesses get to harness the power of intelligent analytics tools. This helps take better business decisions.
6. ERP helps control data better. Getting access to a certain set of data is also easy, at any given point in time.
7. Installing an ERP means improved procurement, inventory, demand forecasting etc. Overall, the whole supply chain gets strengthened.
8. Small business or big business, installing an ERP helps comply better with regulations. The most critical and important recurring regulatory requirements can be built right into the system.
9. Complexities come down manifold. Workflows become easy. The entire human resource chain of the organization becomes more efficient.
It is true small businesses do not have to worry about so many things. Clients are few, money is fewer, basic software helps run basic things and most importantly, there is always an uncertainty looming over the growth prospects of the business. But growth in business compels that an ERP be installed, so that things can be managed better.